Definition of "cookie"
Cookies are short fragments of text (letters and / or numbers) that allow the web server to store information on the client (the browser, e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Opera) to be reused during the same visit to the site ( session cookies) or thereafter, even after days (persistent cookies). Cookies are stored, based on user preferences, by the single browser on the specific device used (computer, tablet, smartphone). A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from the User's hard disk or transmit computer viruses or acquire email addresses. Each cookie is unique to the User's web browser. Some of the functions of cookies can be delegated to other technologies. The term "cookie" refers to cookies and all similar technologies.
- Technical cookies. These are the cookies that are used to browse or provide a service requested by the user. They are not used for other purposes and are normally installed directly by the website owner. Without the use of these cookies, some operations could not be carried out or would be more complex and / or less secure, such as home banking activities (display of the bank statement, bank transfers, payment of bills, etc.), for such as cookies, which allow you to make and maintain user identification during the session, are indispensable.
The technical cookies used by the owner can be divided into the following subcategories:
- Navigation or session cookies, through which you can save your browsing preferences and optimize the User's browsing experience. These are fundamental cookies for navigating within the site using all its features, such as maintaining the session and accessing restricted areas. They are necessary, because without them it would not be possible to provide the requested services. These cookies do not collect information to be used for commercial purposes.
- Analytics cookies, by means of which statistical information is acquired regarding the browsing methods of the Users. This information is processed in an aggregate and anonymous form. They collect and analyze information on the use of the site by visitors (pages visited, number of accesses, time spent on the site, etc.) to optimize site management. This information is processed in an aggregate and anonymous form, and these cookies do not collect information that can identify the user in any way.
- Functionality cookies, also of third parties, used to activate specific site features and necessary to provide the service or improve it. They allow the user to navigate according to a series of selected criteria (for example the language or another selected variable) in order to provide the user with a better browsing experience. The information collected by this type of cookie is anonymous and does not allow the user to be identified in any way.
- Profiling cookies (not operational on this site). These are the cookies used to track the user's browsing on the net and create profiles on his tastes, habits, choices, etc. With these cookies, advertising messages can be transmitted to the user's terminal in line with the preferences already expressed by the same user when browsing online. For more information on these cookies not used by the Website, please visit the appropriate section on the website www.garanteprivacy.it/cookie
Purpose of the processing and purposes of the technical session cookies
- cookies with data compiled by the user (session ID), lasting a session or persistent cookies limited to a few hours in some cases;
- session authentication cookies, used for the purpose of authenticated services;
- user-centric security cookies, used to detect authentication abuses, for a limited persistent duration;
- session cookies for multimedia players, such as cookies for "flash" readers, lasting one session;
- session cookies for load balancing, lasting one session;
- persistent cookies for customizing the user interface, lasting one session (or a little more);
- cookies for sharing content through third party social plug-ins, for members of a social network who have logged in.
The Data Controller therefore informs that technical cookies (such as those listed above) are necessary on the Website to navigate the Website, since they allow essential functions such as authentication, validation, management of a browsing session and fraud prevention and allow, for example, to identify whether the user has had regular access to areas of the site that require prior authentication or user validation and the management of sessions relating to the various services and applications or the retention of data for mode access safe or fraud control and prevention functions.
The Data Controller also informs that technical cookies are operational on the Site by means of which statistical information is acquired regarding the browsing methods of the Users. This information is processed in aggregate and anonymous form through Google Analytics with anonymized IP.
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google uses the Personal Data collected for the purpose of tracking and examining the use of this online space, compiling reports and sharing them with other services developed by Google. This integration of Google Analytics makes your IP address anonymous. Anonymization works by shortening the IP address of the Users within the borders of the Member States of the European Union or in other countries adhering to the agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the IP address will be sent to Google's servers and abbreviated within the United States.
Personal data collected: Cookies and Usage data.
Management and elimination of cookies
Cookies can be managed and deleted directly from the User's browser. For the elimination of cookies, refer to the following guides:
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Eliminare%20i%20cookie
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?hl=it
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/12.10/it/deleteprivate.html
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/it-it/HT201265
If the User's browser is not included in the list, or the links are not available, information on the management of cookies can be found in the reference guide of the browser in use.
Below is a list of suppliers authorized to place cookies on the site with the related privacy policies:
Last updated, February 2019